Sustainability is a key component of the Vision Modular System and contributes in the areas of environmental, social and economics.
The off-site construction process leads to considerable sustainability and site organisational benefits, such as
- Significantly smaller carbon footprint than traditional construction methods due to the speed of construction resulting in the overall project being delivered at least 40% quicker than traditional construction.
- Reduced storage and hire charges.
- Construction work on site is inherently dangerous. With the Vision Modular System, processes can be carried out in more controlled and comfortable factory conditions where safety requirements can be more easily met and policed, and healthy and comfortable working conditions are more readily maintained.
- Reduced waste and landfill charges, and more opportunities for recycling. There is 80% less waste produced on site over traditional build., Of this waste 97% is recycled.
- Our Factory is run on 100% renewable energy.
There are 75% less personnel on site over traditional build.
Processes removed from the site to a controlled factory environment reduce the amount of time spent on site, which leads to reduced impacts on the locality. This translates into less disruption time around the locality of the site thus reducing
- Local traffic disruption.
There is over 60% reduction in the numbers of deliveries to site compared to traditional construction methods. Fewer movements of personnel to site, beneficially impacting on the locality during the construction process.
More reliable thermal performance facilitated by correct positioning of insulation and air-barriers, which leads to improved energy saving, air-tightness and reduced cold bridging.
- More efficient use of materials in manufacture
- Less waste on site
- Safer construction practice and better working conditions in a factory environment.
- Factory based activities allow better and safer working conditions